What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device.
- Third party cookies, which are served by a third party on our behalf. We use third party cookies for functionality, performance / analytics, advertising and social media purposes
We use first party and third party cookies for several reasons.
- Essential cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Websites to operate or to provide access to secure areas.
- Performance and functionality cookies enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the performance and functionality of our Websites but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customisation cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Websites are being used or how effective are marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our Websites for you.
- Social networking cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Websites through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
The specific types of first and third party cookies served through our Websites and the purposes they perform are described in the table below.:
|Type of cookie||Source||Expiry||How to refuse|
|Essential website cookies:||Adepto stores an authentication token to verify the user’s identity.||Expire after 2 hours, or removed when you log out, whichever occurs first.||Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Websites to you, you cannot refuse them.
You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings however, as described below under the heading “How can I control cookies?”
|Performance and functionality cookies:||Various Adepto settings are stored in local storage while the user is logged in.
The Adepto application stores the organisation logo location and is stored to help display the logo during the registration process.
|These are removed when you log out.||These cookies can not be opted out of without disrupting program functionality.
To refuse these cookies, please follow the instructions below under the heading “How can I control cookies?”
|Analytics and customisation cookies:||Our third party data analytics company, Pendo, stores a number of cookies to provide analytics about the program for problem diagnosis and statistical purposes.||These cookies expire after 100 days, unless you renew them by visiting the Website again.||These cookies can not be opted out of.
You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings however, as described below under the heading “How can I control cookies?
|Google Analytics cookies are used to collect information in an anonymous form about usage of our Websites, how visitors arrived at our Websites and user demographics. For further information about Google Analytics cookies please click here.||These cookies survive after your browser has closed until a defined expiration date of up to 2 years. If you visit our Websites again before the cookies expire then they will be renewed.||You may opt out of tracking by Google Analytics by clicking here.
You can also block or delete them by changing your browser settings, as described below under the heading “How can I control cookies?”
How can I control cookies?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can exercise your cookie preferences by clicking on the appropriate opt-out links provided in the cookie table above.
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
Where can I get further information?
Asia-Pacific: Level 2, 172 Edward Street, Brisbane Queensland 4000, Australia
America, Europe, Middle East & Africa: 8 Graphite Square, Vauxhall, London SE11 5EE, United Kingdom